Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Letter to families

Dear Families, kindergarten.png

Welcome to the Thompson Community!  The school year will bring a new adventure for us all.  I look forward to meeting our new kindergarten students and their families.  Enclosed you will find important and helpful information to make the transition into kindergarten a smooth one.

I believe in a strong family-school connection and know that your knowledge will help to ensure a successful and comfortable year for your child.  Please reach out with anything you’d like me to know about your child.  If you have noticed that any contact information for you or your child is misspelled or incorrect (or if your child goes by a nickname or a different name), let me know as soon as possible so everything can be ready with the correct spelling for your child on the first day of school.  

*Please visit tinyurl.com/MelnikInfo to fill out some important information for me!

Our Kindergarten classroom is Room 102. Our classroom entrance is on North Union Street (the pineapple side).  Our patio door is number 8 and that is where pick up and drop off will occur.

I am so lucky to have Jie Jie Lyte as my teaching assistant again this year.  She will be with us every morning.  She’s also a teacher in the Thompson Afterschool Program in the afternoons.

The following is a list of suggested supplies for Kindergarten.  We will use these supplies as a community, so there is no need to label them with your child’s name.  Please bring these materials to your child’s visiting day.  If you are unable to purchase any/all of the supplies for any reason, I understand.  Thanks for your donation!

Kindergarten Supply List
2 packs of thick Crayola markers
2 packs of thin Crayola markers
4+ glue sticks
4+ thin, black Expo dry erase markers
1 set of headphones for iPad listening (not earbuds, labeled with your child’s name)
1 family photo to keep at school for the year (printed or email it to me!)
Optional items: disinfecting table wipes, tissues, Play-Doh

My email address is: nmelnik@arlington.k12.ma.us
Our classroom blog is: www.thompsonk102.blogspot.com
Our classroom Twitter account is: www.twitter.com/thompsonk102  
 **Please follow me @ThompsonK102 as I’ll be tweeting & sharing lots of photos all year long!

Please email me with any questions about Kindergarten or just to say hi!  I look forward to seeing you on September 5th at visiting day in Room 102!  Enjoy the rest of your summer!  

Best,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment